Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with replacement bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkmuffin, Jan 14, 2005.

1. funkmuffin

funkmuffin

Aug 18, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm planning to pull the ABM piezo bridge that I had put on my Stambaugh (its going in a fretless project bass), and I need to decide what I should get to replace it.

I've seen Hipshot and obviously ABM (don't really like the height adjustment on mine -- the screw barely has anywhere to grip when I get the B string where it needs to be). What I need is truly adjustable string spacing and height, and it has to be available in black. Lofty goals, I know....

If you're kind enough to respond, please tell me how the string spacing works (as the pics I've seen don't really help), and how well it worked for you.

OH YEAH! I almost forgot -- its a 5 string.

2. The Hipshot A-style bridges are awesome. they are fully adjustable, and come in black, chrome, or gold. IMO the flat black bridge is absolutely stunning. The string spacing is adjustable by adjusting each individual saddle piece. Check out the pic....

[​IMG]