Need Help With Second Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thycrusader, Jul 7, 2008.

1. thycrusader

thycrusader

Apr 21, 2008
    I actually have two questions.

1. What is the difference between these two?

This

and

This

They are the same model yet one costs more than the other. :confused: The first says "B stock" Not sure what that means, maybe someone could enlighten me.

2. I am almost ready to purchase a new amp. I've read reviews on both but i'm not sure which one is worth my money, I'm looking for this amp to last me the next 4 years in college and the Ampeg is what sticks in my mind as far as quality and durability, not sure about the GK, but I do like that its so small and so loud and I have heard it used at gigs and that little thing is LOUD. Any help?

I am deciding between one of the two Ampegs and the following amp:

This one

Your help is greatly appreciated TB.

2. thycrusader

thycrusader

Apr 21, 2008
    Anyone there?

:bag:

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    B stock usually has some kinda blemish.

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I've played both. The GK Backline 110 has less power and less cone area. It's a practice amp that couldn't get over a drummer and lacks in the lows. The BA 115 should be enough to get heard over most drummers, but still will be lacking for most gigs unless you go through the PA. The BA 115 does have a DI to go into the PA, I'm not sure about the GK. I couldn't open the very 1st link, but if you can find a BA 115 HP, that has far more power (220) watts and a tube preamp; it's a huge step up from the regular BA115.

5. thycrusader

thycrusader

Apr 21, 2008
    But its nothing too serious to interfere with tone and functionality right?

6. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Correct. B-Stock may have been used for a demo, or returned and checked out, or a cosmetic blemish.

7. thycrusader

thycrusader

Apr 21, 2008
    Thanks guys, that cleared up a lot for me. I'll be purchasing that amp sometime next month and hopefully they won't run out of stock...

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021