Need Help with sound on my Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BiocidaL_Bass, Feb 6, 2004.

1. I own a Ampeg Svt-350 and a ampeg 8x10 cab, and i m trying to find a good sound, its got a graphic EQ and its got the standerd bass mid treb knobs also, on EQs ive EQed it to a sound that i like but im looking for a better type sound im kinda looking for something that has bark but still has that super fat low end so if any of you know what im talking about and can tell me how i can get a bad ass sound tell me how, ok i would really appreciate it.
  2. Get an Ampeg SVT tube head (Classic, II-Pro, or SVT-II).
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ok I own an Ampeg B4r which is somewhat similar to your amp. I have owned other Ampegs also. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a great sound out of that set up IMO. Start with the graphic eq off and all your tone controls all at 12 o'clock. does the SVT350H have a 5 way mid selector? If so, play yor bass with the selector in each of the 5 positions and decide which is the closest to the sound you want. Then use the rotary bass, mid, treble knobs to fine tune that tone. I only use the graphic eq to compensate for the room or stage I am playing on. to reduce muddiness for example. Of course all this depends on the tone controls of your bass also. Enjoy :bassist:
  4. Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Nah, the 350h doesn't have a 5 way mid selecter. Just a bass, ultra mid, and treble parametric EQ adjuster thing. That and the 9 band graphic EQ.