Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help With SWR Problem!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by petch, Oct 2, 2003.

1. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I took my SWR Workingmans 10t speaker in for service and just got it back.(Blown woofer replaced). When I plugged it in with the Workingmans 10 combo the volume is less and there
    is LESS bass with the 10t plugged in. Is there a problem with the speaker output on the combo (perhaps frying the 10t's woofer originally) or is the phasing of the two cabinets opposite (would that even cause this problem)? The repair place is closed today and Guitar Center (the original seller and middle man in the repair transaction) was not helpful. Ideas? :bawl:

2. I'd bet the cabinets are just out of phase.

Reverse the phase on the extension cab and you should be in bidness. :)

3. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    Did they replace the blown speaker with the same model?

If it is not the same model, it may be a less efficient speaker. Some music stores will replace blown speakers with cheaper models - especially if it is a trade-in with a blown speaker that they need to sell.

4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Thanx Bimplizkit! A quick change of the 10t speaker leads confirms your diagnosis. Now I'm jammin again.