Need help with wiring...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Claymore, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Howdy, folks. So I decided to get crafty on my Ibanez Talman by changing the preamp to an Audere because the stock preamp was way too hot and I just didn't like it. I have no problem doing a straight installation of the Audere but I also wanted to add an active/passive toggle switch. The switch diagram shows a single input wire going into the preamp whereas the Audere has 2 separate input wires (one from each pickup) plus a common wire from the pickups that isn't supposed to be grounded to the cavity. How do I wire the active/passive toggle with this preamp configuration? It is an on/on DPDT, as you can see here. Any help would be appreciated. If I can't figure this out, I'm just going to install the preamp and skip the toggle switch. 0CAB4BC0-9868-48D4-B59A-177B1DB108DC.jpeg 9D948AC4-487B-4068-9033-23D1D87DCD3E.jpeg

2. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    82918D2B-9F9F-4BC6-9A36-3ECD55918209.jpeg

3. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Your preamp has active balance control, so I don't think it's possible to have active/passive switching with that set up. Here's another friendly TB user who had a similar issue, my 'final answer' is post #13.

Active balance means you don't get that "my volume goes down slightly when my balance control is centered", a pretty common complaint here, so you'll have that going for you.

Claymore and RobbieK like this.