Need help with wiring...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Claymore, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Howdy, folks. So I decided to get crafty on my Ibanez Talman by changing the preamp to an Audere because the stock preamp was way too hot and I just didn't like it. I have no problem doing a straight installation of the Audere but I also wanted to add an active/passive toggle switch. The switch diagram shows a single input wire going into the preamp whereas the Audere has 2 separate input wires (one from each pickup) plus a common wire from the pickups that isn't supposed to be grounded to the cavity. How do I wire the active/passive toggle with this preamp configuration? It is an on/on DPDT, as you can see here. Any help would be appreciated. If I can't figure this out, I'm just going to install the preamp and skip the toggle switch. 0CAB4BC0-9868-48D4-B59A-177B1DB108DC.jpeg 9D948AC4-487B-4068-9033-23D1D87DCD3E.jpeg

2. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    82918D2B-9F9F-4BC6-9A36-3ECD55918209.jpeg

3. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Your preamp has active balance control, so I don't think it's possible to have active/passive switching with that set up. Here's another friendly TB user who had a similar issue, my 'final answer' is post #13.

Active balance means you don't get that "my volume goes down slightly when my balance control is centered", a pretty common complaint here, so you'll have that going for you.

Claymore and RobbieK like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021