1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deadinameadow, May 23, 2018.

1. What can you tell me about this amplifier?
    A guy at a music store near my house is selling it for 300, all I know is that it's an 18in speaker made by 'Cantora' but I'm not 100% sure it's meant for a bass and I can't seem to even find this company online. It says made in America lol

Attached Files:

2. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    I don't recognize the brand, but it appears to be a subwoofer for a PA. Maybe some off brand, I'm not sure. I wouldn't pay near that for it myself. You could get much, much better at that price. But, again, it's a sub.

3. Thanks for your advice, that's kinda what I was thinking but this guy is trying to talk me into buying it lol trying to pull a fast one I guess

4. HI. Welcome to TB.
    If you are thinking about this for bass guitar, don't.
    It just looks like a speaker cab. I don't see an amp in the pics.
    PA subs, if that's what this is, don't usually work well for bass.

If you're new to bass and looking for gear, hang around and start asking questions.
    There are a lot of good folk here who are happy to help get you off on the right foot.
    No question is too simple to ask here. Besides, someone else has already asked it anyway.

5. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Also, if you put in your location info, people can help you find good deals in your area.