Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bekim, Jul 15, 2005.

1. bekim

bekim

Jul 15, 2005
    hey everyone. need some help trying to put together a powerful rig. i'm talkin some serious volume. right now i have the victor wooten cab (2x6, 2x10, 1x18), and an ampeg 8x10.

looking for a way to play both cabs at the same time.

was thinking about getting a qsc rmx5050 to power both and then getting some preamps, but i don't know much about this stuff so any information you guys could throw at me would be great.

btw.. i was also looking into the svt 4 pros.

2. A preamp/power amp would be the way to go, but I don't think you need nearly that much amp. A CA 9 would do the job nicely or certainly a CA 12 should be more than enough.

3. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Mmmmmmm........ RMX5050. I've been lusting for one of these for a while now. My little PLX3002 is OK for the small to medium venues if I have PA support. But the RMX5050 would be the last power amp I (or you) would ever need. The only concern you might have is the condition of your back. They are a little hefty. If you have roadies, I say go for it. ;)