Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jiant., Jul 20, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I just put a Badass II bridge on my MIM Fender jazz. Now, whenever I play my E string open, it comes off of the nut and toward the top of the fingerboard. Why is this happening? What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks and God Bless. -Brad

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Ok, I will check that out. Also I know nothing about setup and the guy at the music store where I got my new bridge told me that it would just drop in and I could play. Now I'm searching this fourm about what steps need to be taken next and tomorrow I'll be calling places trying to find someone that can setup my bass since it seems like a huge task for someone who's never done that before.

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, I'm not that in the dark about bass, lol.

Anyway, that thread is one of the first things that I read when looking at setup stuff. I guess reading the sticky threads does pay off. I changed the E string with one that was a little longer and that fixed the problem. It feels pretty good now, good action, sounds great, I might still take it somewhere within the next couple weeks and have it setup, but it feels great to me right now. Thanks for all the help. God Bless. -Brad