Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ^Slayer^, Aug 20, 2005.

1. ^Slayer^

^Slayer^

Jun 4, 2004
    I recently changed the strings on my bass and when I went to tune it, there seem to have no signal from the bass to the tuner and then my amp. I thought at first it might had been my cable so I used another. When I tried that, still nothing, I was a bit worried and I thought I'd check my battery in for my electronics and replace it in case there was no life from it anymore. I changed the battery and my bass still did not work. Now I'm sitting here on the verge of crying because I have no idea what could be wrong and I was hoping someone had some advice before I decide to send it to a repair shop. Thanks. :crying:

2. Maybe a wire got disconnected because of the moving around? It happened to me...

Did you check your volume knob(s) on your bass?

That's all I have... :meh:

3. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    ditto.
    sounds like a disco'd wire to me.
    did you check in the electronics compartment for anything unusual?

4. bassist286

bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    try running just your bass directly to your amp. it could be the tuner. plus some tuners won't even know what note your playing if it's realy out or low.

5. ^Slayer^

^Slayer^

Jun 4, 2004
    I tried pluging my bass directly to my amp, and I still got nothing out of it. Also I checked my wires connected to my electronics, so far they look good, It might be the wires connected directly to my pickups, I dunno. I know though all looks good from what I see. I just hope and pray it's not my electronics that failed.

6. This may sound extremely retarded but... check the volume knob.

I'm only saying this because it happened to me once. :bag:

7. ^Slayer^

^Slayer^

Jun 4, 2004
    I did check the volume knob, it's one of the first things I did at first, I didn't put that in my post at first but I didn't think it was needed because it seemed the obvious thing to do. But thanks anyways