Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by mattsk42, Aug 26, 2005.

1. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

There is a group called Span. I really really would like to have at least a CLOSE tab of a couple of their songs. I don't think they'd be hard to tab at all, and they're really not long or complex. I just can't hear it well enough! :bawl:

If anyone would be so kind as to tab out (even just the melody) Cut like Diamonds (the video song), and Stay as you Are; I would be VERY appreciative! Any other song would be great, too!

The songs are on myspace.com/span with the video at the bottom. Thanks guys!

2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Sorry man, no one will go there and tab that song for you. Not me, not the next poster (yeah right), or the guy after that. First of all, the quick fix tab is never the best way to learn a song. Second- people never tab anything for anyone anyways here, and since it is a small myspace band, don't count on anyone to download a video and analyze and transcribe just for you. Since I took the time to write this post, you may ask why I just didn't watch the damn video and transcribe the video for you. I am on dial-up, and I can't even start simple flash animations that are required for me to get into many websites.

So my advice? Learn a little more about music, train your ears, and drink your milk. With that deadly combination, you just might be able to transcribe the song yourself. Wouldn't that be rewarding?

3. hateater is right, you'll need to work on that yourself. But you can be forgiven for thinking someone will... i was nieve like that once too...

4. mattsk42

Well the video is just on the site and starts automatically on the page. That's why I said the video. I have seen a few posts where someone has tabbed out a song on here, so I thought I'd give it a try. Plus, someone by chance might already have tabs/music somewhere. I wasn't really expecting much.
    I am trying to hear it, and I drink milk every day! :D Thanks for the reply, though!

5. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Once you get better, you will find that figuring out almost anything is a snap. Seriously, ear training and tons of hours on the bass and piano will get you there.

6. mattsk42

OK thanks. Any suggestions on how to improve?