1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SammyBP, Sep 27, 2008.

1. SammyBP

SammyBP

Sep 21, 2008
    Hey people my name is Sammy and i have a problem wich i hope you can help me with..I own two ibanez bass guitars but now i am going to buy my first warwick..I am haveing dificulty in choseing between the corvette standard bubinga and the corvette double buck ash..what do you think? wich one is worth, advanteges or disadvanteges..Any sugestions?

2. the bubinga one will weigh ALOT more than the ash one, and that will be the msot obvious difference between the two. There are other subtle differences in the tone of the instrument due to the wood, but I would make the decision based upon if you want a lightweight corvette (ash) or a very heavy one (bubinga)

The double buck uses much different electronics than the normal corvette. Hopefully you can try both out before you buy one, but as far as the electronics go, the normal corvette uses a J/J pickup configuration, and the $$ uses two MM style humbuckers, with a very powerful active preamp. These sound very different from eachother.

3. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Dude,
    I've only played a $$ at a local GC and even with their usual haphazard set-up, I was VERY impressed. 'Wicks never "spoke" to me before but there's something about that model. But I havent played a standard so I cant compare the models.

Anyway, if you're really serious about getting one, check out Rocket Music-they have a sponsored thread here on TB and they are absolutely blowing OUT their in-stock Wicks! The prices are unbelievable and right now, he's giving you a Warwick road case and shipping for FREE! The hardshell roadcase is an upgrade over the gig bag they usually come with.
    Its killing me that I cant afford one right now because the deal is PHENOMENAL. (unless I hit the lottery this weekend, in which case I'll buy a couple!!)
    They only have a couple of standards left and one is fretless but he has about 6 or 7 $$'s in all kinds of colors. The price he's giving on the $$ will probably beat the price of a Standard in most music stores.

4. SammyBP

SammyBP

Sep 21, 2008
    hey thanks a lot..do u know of any other bass guitars the use ash wood?