1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by bassman74, Oct 22, 2009.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    I know it might not be the place to post this thread but i really need help!!!

here's the link to my electronic's thread:http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592245

I need to do a passive vol-tone-vol-tone set up for my 2 pickup bass, i can't find any diagram except the fender one with stacked pots but i wanna use 4 standard pots...

thanks for your help!

2. ive had good luck on seymore duncans website.

3. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    unfortunately there is no diagram for 2 tone pots...

4. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
  5. same idea though.....just solder each vol to tone, then double up on the output.

6. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    I have that on my favorite P/J bass. Just wire them as if they were totally independent. 1 pup with 1 vol. and 1 tone. The only common connection will be your ground wire and the + to the output jack.

7. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Cool!

If i remember correctly when i had this set up a few years ago i had 4 250k pots and 0.47 capacitors...

Fender is using 250k and 500k pots 0.3 and 0.5 capacitors for there '62 jazz bass

which one do you think is better?

8. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Maybe you should experiment with .022 -.080 and see where the treble cut suits your ear, seeing as there are 2 seperate pick-up positions, you may find different caps fitting your ear for each position? just an idea, seeing as caps are quick on and offs and inexpensive.

9. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    good idea, i'll try the fender suggested capacitor first

thanks Musiclogic, how are you doing?

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Rickenbacker site has vtvt diagrams also, don't know whether it's the same as or different from what's already been referred to.