1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by trout2, Dec 8, 2011.

1. trout2

trout2

Nov 15, 2011
    I play an Ibanez GSR200 sound gear bass, 4 string, I love the strings that came on it, they need replacing. I also like the bright sound that sounds like the old black diamond strings have. What kind of strings do you suggest would provide the sound I need, and does anyone know what kind of strings origionally come on this type bass? Thanks for the help.

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Did some looking around on Google... It looks like people are saying the factory strings are stainless steel 45-105 but don't know the actual brand.

People on other forums are saying use Stainless Steel.

3. Jay2U

Jay2U Not as bad as he lóòks

Dec 7, 2010
    22 ft below sea level
    I play a GSR200 EX. It came with crappy 45 - 100 strings. They looked like d'Addario's, but certainly didn't have that quality. Proper intonation of the E-string was almost impossible, I recall. Not that it's your choice, but I'm using d'Addario chromes on it for quite a long time now and the intonation is absolutely superb. The stability of this bass really is incredible for the money. The fret hight is also okay. I wonder what the quality of your GSR200 is. Do I have a lucky shot, or is this their standard quality?

4. i believe my SRX came with ELIXERS 45-100 SS

5. AmadeusXeno

AmadeusXeno

Mar 8, 2011
    Maine
    All Ibanez basses that are 300 series or higher come with Elixer strings. Not sure what the lower models come with though.