1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need ideas/help on INTERNATIONAL TRADE deal !!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TWISTEDSTRINGS, Feb 27, 2013.

1. TWISTEDSTRINGS

TWISTEDSTRINGS

Oct 13, 2012
    Hey TBr`s, a short while back I had opened a thread looking for someone to trade their EBMM Maple neck for my rosewood neck. As hard as that type of deal is to come by I got someone who wants the trade BUT he`s in Austria(half a world away). He joined this forum because he saw the trade offer and has been looking for a rosewood neck for some time also. He is new, has not done any deals here on TB and has no feedback. I`m in no way implying that this gentleman is up to no good and I don`t want it to come off that way but what do you guys think would be a good way to make this deal happen ?? I have read all the threads on avoiding internet scams and deals but I would really like to hear your thoughts on this as it is a deal that is about to happen, not one that already has transpired. Thanks

2. TWISTEDSTRINGS

TWISTEDSTRINGS

Oct 13, 2012
    HAHAHAHA !! Nobody wants to touch this one do they ? Come on guys, some ideas, speak your peace. Not gonna hold anyone responsible if it goes south...

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Not sure i would bite on the trade deal because there is too much that can go wrong.Scary enough doing a transaction with someone who no one can vouch for. Now you are risking sending a neck across the ocean and hoping that the guy sends one back. As much as you want to get the neck, I would say don't do it. Hold off until you can do the deal with less risk. It's a long shot but the only way I might consider it would be if another TB er with a history could vouch for the guy. Given where he lives, I am not sure that would even be possible.