1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need ideas on power drop in Alembic F1-X/GK 700 rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by armybass, Jan 22, 2012.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I am running my Alembic F1-X into my GK 700RBII. I use the effects loop and totally bypass the GK. It is a great rig for the most part running into either one or two SWR Goliath's depending on the gig. The one issue I have is that nearly on every gig I feel the power start to drop. I still have a signal but I am getting no push. It is like the bottom drops out of my sound all together. The first time I had the problem it was really bad and my volume was almost nill. I switched to the GK and it was fine. Then I realized that the the power chord on the Alembic was loose. I pushed it all the way in and it was fine. So I was thinking that maybe I needed a new power chord for the Alembic. But now I have found that when it happens and I am in the middle of a gig....if I shut the power down to the whole rig and power it right back up all is fine and I can finish the night. This make me think it is not the power chord.....I am very perplexed now as to what could be the problem. Any ideas?

2. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Never mind. Once again posting the exact same question on Facebook got almost an instant response and solution.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    And the solution???

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I had to replace the power cord on my F2b.
    Wonder if it was the same issue.
    All fixed and good now.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Fwiw - i had better results, (lower noise promarily) running an F2B into the instrument input on a 1001 RB II. It also made th GK's DI available and I could use the GK EQ to deal with room issues that would have been a pita with the Alembic alone. Also curious about the fix that the OP found. Seems like a pretty odd problem to me...