1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEED IDEAS TO PUSH " OUR BASS" UP!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by IALE, Mar 11, 2008.

1. IALE

IALE

Mar 10, 2008
    :hyper: HELLO TO YOU, MY FELLOW ARTIST! THIS WILL BE MY FIRST THREAD FOR THIS FORUM. I'M 21 YEARS OLD AND I'VE BEEN PLAYING THE BASS FOR ABOUT 4-5yrs NOW (ON AND OFF, I HAD TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH MY NURSING STUDIES BACK THEN, BUT NOW I'M GOING BACK TO MY PASSION :) ).

I NEED HELP FROM THE CREATIVE ENERGIES OF FELLOW BASSISTS LIKE YOU, WETHER YOUR AN EXPERIENCED ONE OR A BUDDING TALENT "WHO JUST PICKED UP HIS 1st BATTLE AXE (BASS GUITAR) RECENTLY".

I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT TEACHING THE ART OF PLAYING BASS GUITAR TO BEGINNERS HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATION AS WELL, MANY MUSICIANS HERE STARTED LEARNING THE INSTRUMENT WITHOUT ANY FORMAL LESSON, BUT NOW SCHOOLS ARE BOOMING HERE (NOT THE CONSERVATORY TYPE THOUGH). I ENROLLED AT THESE TYPE OF SCHOOL TWICE TO MEET MUSICAINS, LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BASS AND I ENDED UP HAVING GUITARISTS TEACHING ME BASS LESSONS ON BOTH OCCASIONS. I DID NOT LAST MORE THAN 4 SESSIONS (AGAIN ON BOTH OCCASION).:p I THINK THERE IS AN INGREDIENT MISSING AND I NEED YOUR IDEAS THAT I THINK WILL HELP BASSISTS ELEVATE THE STANDARD OF OUR MYSTICALY CHOSEN INSTRUMENT AND BE ABLE TO SPREAD TO OTHERS WHO NEED THEM.:hyper:

I THINK THIS WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR THE BASS PLAYER'S COMMUNITY SINCE THE "BEGINNER" STAGE IS A CRUCIAL STAGE WHERE WE DEVELOP HABITS: GOOD OR BAD WHICH CAN ADD TO THE ENJOYMENT OR FRUSTRATION OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE EXPERIENCE OF BEING A BASS PLAYER.

THE IDEAS NEEDED FOR US TO SHARE TO OTHERS THAT I COULD THINK OF ARE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
    WHAT ARE THE FREQUENT CONCERNS
    QUESTIONS
    FEELINGS ABOUT PLAYING THE BASS
    FEELINGS ABOUT "STARTING" TO LEARN THE BASS
    THINGS THAT GIVES DRIVE AND MOTIVATION IN LEARNING
    IMPORTANT BITS AND PIECES OF "SHARINGS" ABOUT PLAYING ON GIGS FOR THE FIRST TIME
    DOs AND DON'Ts
    ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDE TO STEP UP AND BE CREATIVE
    EXPERIENCES WHILE PLAYING
    JOINING BATTLE OF THE BANDS
    CONCERNS ABOUT THE ROLE OF A BASSIST AND AS A BAND MEMBER
    AND ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN THAT ARE PRACTICAL FOR "BEGINNERS" TO KNOW​
    .:):):):):):):)

I THINK MEMBERS OUT THERE WHO ARE ALREADY MENTORS WOULD ALSO BENEFIT FROM THIS, AND THRU OUR COLLECTIVE CREATIVE ENERGIES WE COULD PUT OUR PASSION A STEP HIGHER IN THE PLAYING FIELD.

I HOPE WE I COULD HEAR FROM YOU GUYS, THANKS AND ROCK ON!

2. Two ideas: Fill in your profile & undo the caps lock. :) Oh, & read a lot here. Many of your questions have been asked, answered & asked again. :cool:

3. IALE

IALE

Mar 10, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome Mr. bassteban, and also for the tip. :) I've just been TOO used to using the upper case outside the internet, but i'm in this community now so I will follow your advice.:hyper:

4. Call me Bassteban. :)