1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need info on a P-Bass copy please (possibly old)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Inconnu, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Hi!

I was browsing through local classified ads and saw a nice p-bass for real cheap, blue burst with a white pickguard and pickup, bridge seems bigger then on a Fender. I can't make out the name of the brand on the headstock for sure on the picture, but it looks like "Teskami" or maybe "Teshami". Any idea if it's worth it to check it out?

2. I'm sure it's not Takamine... and it's a p-bass, not an ABG. Any other guesses?

3. Hi.

Probably not many without pics ;).

Regards
    Sam

4. They did make solid body bass years ago....
    I'll see if i can come up with something else

5. I dont think any of these are it, but it's all i can find starting with T.

Tokai
    Terada
    Tacoma
    Tahara
    Tombo

6. Thanks for trying, it really says either Teshami or Teskami, and it looks like a Fender Precision down to the headstock, which is almost lawsuit material. I guess it's a nameless brand from the 70's. I'll see if I take a look or not....

7. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    You forgot Teisco :smug:

8. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    It may be a custom headstock decal.

9. Tokia was sued by fender, they looked just like one.

10. Nope, it ain't a Tokai. The logo is plain black, no model name on the headstock. The most distinctive ting about it is the white pickup....

11. timonvh

timonvh

Oct 16, 2010
    Anything on the neck plate?