Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need info on a possible pedal purchase...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nickalan620, Sep 8, 2004.

1. I have been into type o negative ( there are a band not a blood type for those who dont know who they are) for a while and i like the distorted bass in a lot of their songs. I was looking into buying a distortion pedal for my bass and i have narrowed it down to two choices; the G&K diesel dawg or the boss MD-2. Which of these pedals would have a better beefy distorted tone that is not too too muddy. I dont need/want overdrive or fuzz. Just raw beefy distortion. I have a boss bass eq i can use with the distortion pedal. Also, I'll probably combine the distortion with a chorus and delay too, like the bassist (peter steele) on type o negative. Which pedal looks better for me (price is not a huge factor).

P.S. if any knows where to get some sound samples of the diesel dawg please let me know cause i can't find any on the internet and all the ones on here are gone. :D