1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need info on a possible pedal purchase...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nickalan620, Sep 8, 2004.

1. I have been into type o negative ( there are a band not a blood type for those who dont know who they are) for a while and i like the distorted bass in a lot of their songs. I was looking into buying a distortion pedal for my bass and i have narrowed it down to two choices; the G&K diesel dawg or the boss MD-2. Which of these pedals would have a better beefy distorted tone that is not too too muddy. I dont need/want overdrive or fuzz. Just raw beefy distortion. I have a boss bass eq i can use with the distortion pedal. Also, I'll probably combine the distortion with a chorus and delay too, like the bassist (peter steele) on type o negative. Which pedal looks better for me (price is not a huge factor).

P.S. if any knows where to get some sound samples of the diesel dawg please let me know cause i can't find any on the internet and all the ones on here are gone. :D