Need info on Bass (pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fredfarmer, Feb 5, 2006.

1. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    Hi’d Folks

Newbie here and I have a question about this bass I have. It's an epiphone solid neck through. I bought it from a pawn shop for about 60 bux back in 92. I have searched the interwebernet to no avail. Does anyone here know anything about it? I thank you for any info you might have...

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    I guess while I am at it I can add a pic of my current “baby”...

:hyper:

[​IMG]

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I wanna say it's an Epi Newport, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong, because I think the Newport has a 4-in-a-line headstock.

I do know that these pop up on Ebay every now and then, so keep an eye out. I think they go for around $500, but I'm not certain...gosh, I'm a big help. ;)

4. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    That is more info than I started with. I remeber seeing them on ebay a while back, but do not remember what it sold for. I think the model was like numbers and letters (ES-10) as opposed to a "name" so to speak.
    I should just start an auction with incorrect info and an insaine "buy it now" so people could email me with correct info as the auction would be wrong. :bag:

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That, my friend, is a....well, it seems that I, uh, have no clue. Carry on. :D

6. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Crestwood! Damn, I knew I had that somewhere in the back of my mind.

7. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    Thanks for the info folks. :D
    I got it cheap because the pick gaurd was busted and it did not have the origional neck pickup. I have since replaced the pick gaurd an put an oem neck pickup in it. The origional pickgaurd was clear with the back being painted white. It had a black "E" painted in the middle. Too bad cuz this thing needs to be refretted as it does not play too well. But it's a good "workout" for my fingers. :rolleyes:
    Not too bad considering that I oly have ~80bux in it.

8. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    Does anyone know where I might find a bridge cover for this?