Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need info on Bass (pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fredfarmer, Feb 5, 2006.

1. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    Hi’d Folks

Newbie here and I have a question about this bass I have. It's an epiphone solid neck through. I bought it from a pawn shop for about 60 bux back in 92. I have searched the interwebernet to no avail. Does anyone here know anything about it? I thank you for any info you might have...

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    I guess while I am at it I can add a pic of my current “baby”...

:hyper:

[​IMG]

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I wanna say it's an Epi Newport, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong, because I think the Newport has a 4-in-a-line headstock.

I do know that these pop up on Ebay every now and then, so keep an eye out. I think they go for around $500, but I'm not certain...gosh, I'm a big help. ;)

4. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    That is more info than I started with. I remeber seeing them on ebay a while back, but do not remember what it sold for. I think the model was like numbers and letters (ES-10) as opposed to a "name" so to speak.
    I should just start an auction with incorrect info and an insaine "buy it now" so people could email me with correct info as the auction would be wrong. :bag:

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That, my friend, is a....well, it seems that I, uh, have no clue. Carry on. :D

6. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Crestwood! Damn, I knew I had that somewhere in the back of my mind.

7. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    Thanks for the info folks. :D
    I got it cheap because the pick gaurd was busted and it did not have the origional neck pickup. I have since replaced the pick gaurd an put an oem neck pickup in it. The origional pickgaurd was clear with the back being painted white. It had a black "E" painted in the middle. Too bad cuz this thing needs to be refretted as it does not play too well. But it's a good "workout" for my fingers. :rolleyes:
    Not too bad considering that I oly have ~80bux in it.

8. fredfarmer

fredfarmer

Feb 5, 2006
    Does anyone know where I might find a bridge cover for this?