need info on power amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hero of the Day, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    Hey i was thinking about getting a QSC PLX1602 but dont know much about pre and poweramp setups. So right now i have an avatar 210 and will soon be getting a avatar 212. What i want to know is how i can run both cabs with the plx and how many watts il get from the setup. Both cabs are 8 ohms and the plx says 300W per channel @ 8 ohms so does this mean i can plug one cab into channel 1 and the other in channel 2 and get 600W? :confused:
  2. Yes you can hook it up in what is called Parallel Mono or you could bridge the amp and chain both speakers together and utilize the amps full 1600 watts.
  3. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    o ok so will those avatars sound good running in Parallel Mono since they are both in seperate channels at 8ohms and not 4 since there not together ?
  4. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    would it be a good idea to get the 212s at 4ohms instead, to get more watts or would that be bad since it would not match my 210s?
  5. Shouldn't really make any difference.
  6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i would generally go with the stereo setup (parallel mono), but thats just me.....
    that way you can control the cabinets independently if you want
    using 4 ohm cabs will give you a little more volume, i prefer to stick to 8's so i can use a lot of em if i want :D