1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need input on Effects Pedal Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jhfishn, Oct 11, 2009.

1. jhfishn

jhfishn Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    Folks

I have the following in my PedalTrain Mini Rack:
    Korg Pitchblack tuner
    Aguilar Octamizer (which is just outa control!!!!)
    EBS BassIQ
    T.C. Electronics Chorus (which is AC and has it's own plug)
    MXR M-135 Noisegate

I need to get an AC adapter and the brick style power suppliys are a bit bit for the space left in my mini board so I am looking at either the EBS AD-9 with 5 extra plugs or the Visual Sound 1 Spot with plugs.

Has anyone ever used the afrementioned with these types of pedals and have the results been favorable? Or ... do you see any problems with the matching of these pedals with either power supply?

Thanks!
    Jim

2. The 1 Spot has its issues when using more than 3 pedals. I've had mine crap out on me more than once.

3. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Hmmm. I've used a One Spot to power 6 pedals with no problems.

4. I'm not entirely sure on the cause. May have been the other current being pulled in the room from the other guys in the band. At my place, it works like a charm with no issues. Might be an electrical supply issue at my drummer's house.

5. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Do you mean that the One Spot stopped working all together? What pedals were you using? (curious)