Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need knobs for Ibanez K5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, Feb 5, 2004.

1. I bought a K5 used and it was missing one of the "double" knobs, you know, the kind where it's got a top part and a bottom part.

Can anyone help? I'm willing to pay, of course.

Thanks

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I believe the sort of knobs you are talking about are called 'concentric' knobs. And if my skills were better, i could make you some, but i have never attempted a concentric knob :)

4. Thanks man but neither of those sites has the knob I'm looking for. :bawl:

Yep, they're called concentric and stacked.

5. jaco_is_god

jaco_is_god

Feb 6, 2004
    just buy a new bass the K5 is peice of **** + the knobs dont matter as no matter wat u do to the settings it still manages to sound ****e. p.s. u are stupid for buyin one in the first place :D

6. Markdezy

Markdezy

Jan 24, 2004
    Atlanta
    [owned]

Wow. Talk about ignorant. I believe I will submit that post to The Dictionary.

I believe it's just HIS opinion on the sound that matters. Your say doesn't mean a ****ing thing.

[/owned]

7. yeah I agree its what sound we like (our own) not other peoples opinion.

And I think that bass is very nice for the price

8. Markdezy

Markdezy

Jan 24, 2004
    Atlanta
    Although I'm agnostic and don't really believe in anything, I also hope that god ****s him up (in the worst way) for being such an ignorant piece of ****.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Obviously hes never heard the K5. If it didnt have Fieldys name stamped on the headstock itd be a decent bass.

10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    When a troll/spammer/idiot such as jaco_is_god posts something with a swear word or something unsuitable in it, if we could try and refrain from quoting him, because us mods have to go through and not only edit the original post, but every post where he has been quoted. Just a little request to make our day easier :)

11. I heard the K5 is actually a pretty good bass. Just because it's fieldy's sig bass doesn't make it a POS man. Good god - Listen and play stuff before you actually post your opinion!

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I hope you find those knobs, those are really great sounding basses.

13. I think i found the knob. I did a search on the ibanez site for the part number (you can't order from there) and then did a search on it. there's some company called Brook Mays that ordered it for me ... it might take 3 weeks but hopefully I will get it.

Thanks for all your help! :cool: