1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need merch/band shirt help

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Jun 13, 2018.

1. So we’re just about out of merch again. The prices to have merch made been creeping up and my band is now looking for a different companies to make merch, band T shirts in particular. We don’t want to raise our prices but our profits off shirts have been getting smaller and smaller. What are you guys using these days? Can you give me some examples of cost by the hundred?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I've had good experiences with ooshirts.com, myself. I generally order 'dozens' at a time, not 'hundreds'.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  3. Appreciate it. Yeah we generally order a hundred at a time. Not like hundreds. But a lot of the quotes we’ve been getting lately are like 100 shirts for $800. Which doesn’t leave much room for profit if we sell the shirts for $10.

4. spreadshirt.com. Their hats are particularly good.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  5. Awesome thank you. We’re comparing prices at the moment. Definitely gonna check it this site as well.

6. TWolf

TWolf

Jan 20, 2011
    Georgia
    It's not a lot of profit, but you covering you costs and getting your name out there. You could raise to $12. I don't think many would balk at $12 if they were willing to pay $10.
    To answer your question though, maybe look around locally. I've found local shops will often give some great deals if you are ordering in the quantities you are talking about. Best of luck

Nephilymbass likes this.