Need more headroom

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tucker, Jun 17, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Hey whats up,
    I posted up a thread for a GK head cause I was going to buy one and I decided that I couldn't get enough money for it it right away for the shows I'm playing coming up. So I looked around and wondered about power amps. Are these good for the cabs? Heads? I've heard of them but never really understood them. If any one has any information on power amps that I can use with my amp (Peavey Mark3 BAss head xp series) notify me and tell me if this is a good thing to do.

I need alot of headroom because my band plays really loud and if we do lower the amps I only lower it a little buit cause all the distortion swallows it. I can barely hear myself sometimes. Well if you have information on these products respond ASAP please.
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    You use your power amp together with your other amp (it will be the preamp). You take your line out signal, and send it to your power amp... Use your power amp speaker outs.

Power amps are cheaper than other amps because they omit the preamp section. Their sole purpose is to boost the signal.