Need mucho help here...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Feb 19, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

That's a schematic for "Craig Anderson's" Tremelo box. I haven't really looked at it that much..confuses me. lol.

Where to begin?

1. What the HELL is that stuff

2. Where can I order some

3. I'm assuming I can get a guy to solder it together for me at the shop?

4. This is for guitar..tremelo should work on bass too, right?

2. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Why don't you want to buy a premade tremolo?

I've got the Danelectro Tuna Melt - It was a GP editor's pick and it was very cheap. Sounds great, but I don't find it useful on bass very often.

I've got an Ibanez TL-5 that I'm looking to trade. It's almost as cool and just as cheap.
  3. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    i have the same Tremelo box..
    the tuna melt.. good little unit. =D
    well i use it with my DOD EV Filter.. makes some weird helicopter like stuff =D

I cant find it useful for bass too much, but hey it could be, depends what kinda music you play.
  4. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    triangles are op amp (transistor)
    half circles with lines are capacitors
    triangles with lines are diodes
    with lighting bolts are LEDs and since they are inside circles they are opocouplers
    boxes are resistors
    boxes with arrows pointing back in are potentiometers.
    ....uh good luck
    do your self a favor and buy a premade one.
    are you sure you want a tremelo? they sound much better on guitar than bass. I prefer the rotating speaker effect (leslie, uni-vibe) and Boss just came out with the V-wah last year with a great simulator and also an excelent wah pedal for bass if you read the manual and do some tweaking.

if you are still thinking about making your own effects, go to for parts for more schematics and much much better explinations on actual schematics and theories. (reading this page made me realize that I could have skipped 1 year of school for free)
  5. FunkyJ

Jan 31, 2003
    Tracy, CA
    I would NOT suggest trying to build one of these unless you know you have to have this particular tremolo pedal. Often times building something yourself will cost several times more than buying one mass produced. Plus, it sounds like you would need to have someone else build it for you, which adds to the price. You can't compete pricewise with stuff made in quantity.

If you must have this pedal, try to find a shop that will build it for you. They can look at the schematic and order the parts for you. A good place to start would be a local electronics supply shop (NOT RadioShack).
  6. Not this one in particular, per say.

I just want to make something.

If I can find a Wah schematic I'd much rather do that. I love wah :D
  7. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Goto the following link and have a look at some simple wah mods. It might be a good starter project for you

You will need to go to the tech tips page.