Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by moltar858, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Obviously with Christmas around the corner I was thinking about asking for a new amp. I've looked on various websites and I've narrowed my choice of brands down to Marshall, Peavey, and Fender. Fender being my last choice because my current amp (made by Fender) is pathetic. But with my bass being a Squier I figure fender must make the best amp for it's products. Soooooo, can somebody explain to me each brand's pros and cons. Or just give some comments on any amps. i've got roughly 250 dollars to blow, which isnt to much, so can someone please point me in the right direction?

2. get a peavey thats the best choice out of those 3. maybe a peavey 1x15 combo would be good.

3. Have you really looked into what your buying? Are you SURE those are the only 3 companies you'd look at? I dunno, maybe i'm wrong, but it seems like your looking at buying an amp made by a "Guitarists company"

Of those 3, Peavy is the only one i can really recommend. Personally, i'd look into a company that is more geared towards bass equipment, such as Gallien-Krueger, they make some combos that might be in your price range. If you were looking to spend a bit more, you could also look into an SWR Baby Blue, or an avatar cab, and a used head even.

4. I hate all 3 of those brands :) But if you must, I would say peavey. What kind of amp are you looking for? combo i am assuming...

5. i would actually suggest the fender bassman series. I assume that you have the frontman (because of the squier), and I think the bassman is a huge improvement. I have a Peavey TKO 115, and the tones you get from it aren't that great. However, I have tried the Bassman 100 and 400 combos, and they completely blew away the Peavey.I haven't tried Marshall, however.