1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greenbassfreak, Dec 21, 2003.

1. I dont know much about amps so if i say something stupid of wrong sorry or if someone has done something like this just direct me to the thread please

All I am looking for is around a 160 watt amp or a head or something to put on the tiny amp i have I dont have big gigs or anything usually small ones like weddings, friends parties, school stuff, and competitions. The only requirements is it cant be to much more than 4-500, it cant weigh more than me or sound like im walking through mud

- Sarah

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Sarah, look for a used Gallien-Krueger 400RB or 700 RB. They are great, inexpensive, powerful amps-- and they weigh about 18 pounds. I have a 700RB and totally dig it. :cool:

3. i thought a 400RB was pretty expensive...

4. plastica

plastica

Dec 21, 2003
    watertown wi usa
    I just purchased a used 400watt GK on sat in a local store with a 1- 15 ,2-8 bottom. paid 150 for the bottom an 300 fer the head. i haddnt planned on buying a new amp but i fell in love with the sound of this thing. and i knew if i didnt get it on sat a friend would an i would end up playing through it wishing i could take it home. hey if i dont want to keep it he will buy it from me im sure lol