Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greenbassfreak, Dec 21, 2003.

1. I dont know much about amps so if i say something stupid of wrong sorry or if someone has done something like this just direct me to the thread please

All I am looking for is around a 160 watt amp or a head or something to put on the tiny amp i have I dont have big gigs or anything usually small ones like weddings, friends parties, school stuff, and competitions. The only requirements is it cant be to much more than 4-500, it cant weigh more than me or sound like im walking through mud

- Sarah

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Sarah, look for a used Gallien-Krueger 400RB or 700 RB. They are great, inexpensive, powerful amps-- and they weigh about 18 pounds. I have a 700RB and totally dig it. :cool:

3. i thought a 400RB was pretty expensive...

4. plastica

plastica

Dec 21, 2003
    watertown wi usa
    I just purchased a used 400watt GK on sat in a local store with a 1- 15 ,2-8 bottom. paid 150 for the bottom an 300 fer the head. i haddnt planned on buying a new amp but i fell in love with the sound of this thing. and i knew if i didnt get it on sat a friend would an i would end up playing through it wishing i could take it home. hey if i dont want to keep it he will buy it from me im sure lol