Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need new bass looking @ Cort help plz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ashBass, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ashBass

ashBass

Apr 19, 2005
    Hi looking for some advice:
    Im buying a main bass. Im looking to spend about $1200aus dollars which is anywhere between 500-800us dollars.

Now im looking at the Cort basses in the artisan range.
    I like the A5 and have played one numerous time and like it but
    I have looked at but never played a b5?

What do people think about these two and what are there real main differences?

Im kind of heading towards these to but if u think you have good suggestion for a bass (used as all round style but mainly metal playing, in 5 string)
    Thanks
    ash

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    A series come with neck through and the B comes with bolt on neck. Thats the most important diff.

3. i have a B5, in the mahogany wood body. There is also a swamp ash version. I've had the bass for about 3 years, and love it. It is quite heavy but has a nice tone. Make sure you get the newer model which has a active bypass option. The tone on this bass is good for the money, but nothing special. You can get most sounds with the 3 band eq. I'm just about to trade mine in and get a Warwick Corvette 5 Standard, which is only a few hundred more and a much better bass, if u can afford it! That said tho, the cort will do you very nicely

4. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Oh man, you missed a deal. I was searching on Ebay and found a $400 Artisan B that had a Zebrawood top, wenge neck, and bartolini pickups and pre. I wanted it SOOO bad.

Just letting you know, the bartolini's they use (MK-1's) are considered cheap versions but I believe they have a very smooth tone and slap rather well when EQ'ed right. Very very nice basses, for the money.

For some reason, I just like the B's more than the A's.

-Eric.