1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need new bass looking @ Cort help plz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ashBass, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ashBass

ashBass

Apr 19, 2005
    Hi looking for some advice:
    Im buying a main bass. Im looking to spend about $1200aus dollars which is anywhere between 500-800us dollars.

Now im looking at the Cort basses in the artisan range.
    I like the A5 and have played one numerous time and like it but
    I have looked at but never played a b5?

What do people think about these two and what are there real main differences?

Im kind of heading towards these to but if u think you have good suggestion for a bass (used as all round style but mainly metal playing, in 5 string)
    Thanks
    ash

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    A series come with neck through and the B comes with bolt on neck. Thats the most important diff.

3. i have a B5, in the mahogany wood body. There is also a swamp ash version. I've had the bass for about 3 years, and love it. It is quite heavy but has a nice tone. Make sure you get the newer model which has a active bypass option. The tone on this bass is good for the money, but nothing special. You can get most sounds with the 3 band eq. I'm just about to trade mine in and get a Warwick Corvette 5 Standard, which is only a few hundred more and a much better bass, if u can afford it! That said tho, the cort will do you very nicely

4. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Oh man, you missed a deal. I was searching on Ebay and found a $400 Artisan B that had a Zebrawood top, wenge neck, and bartolini pickups and pre. I wanted it SOOO bad.

Just letting you know, the bartolini's they use (MK-1's) are considered cheap versions but I believe they have a very smooth tone and slap rather well when EQ'ed right. Very very nice basses, for the money.

For some reason, I just like the B's more than the A's.

-Eric.