Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need New Bass! Please Help..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XR3MYX, Oct 12, 2005.

1. XR3MYX

XR3MYX

Jul 15, 2004
    :help:
    I played bass a couple years ago, and kinda gave up on it and pursued another hobby/sport. So I've recently taken a hiatus from it and have some extra cash and a want to get back into playing. So I'm buying a new bass, and am stepping up from a no-name Fender rip off. I'm looking at Warwick's Rockbass line, the Corvette 4 Basic in particular. I like the looks, and since I don't know what it sounds like I assume it would be similar to it's big brother the Warwick Corvette. I play a punk/rock/screamo style music (similar to Atreyu, Senses Fail, At the Drive-In and sometimes a more laid back type of ska. I.E. Less Than Jake, Authority Zero) Will this bass give me the sound I'm looking for(the jazz pickups should be fine for it, but you never know)? Or should I just go with a Fender Jazz? I'm trying to find a local dealer that sells them so I can play one, but no luck so far. Most places are out of the state. So for right now, playing one is out of the question. I'm mainly looking for a bass with a slim fast neck(similar to jazz necks), small frets(like on the fender jazz), and good electronics. The main reason I'm looking at the Rockbass Corvette is because I love the Warwick Corvette body style, which is why I want one over a Jazz bass. Opinions on this bass, or suggestions on basses that would fit my description and sound would be great.
    Thanx!
    -REMY

2. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    A Fender Jazz bass wouldn't be a bad choice at all. I'd say go for the Japanese made signature models. Geddy Lee, Marcus Miller, even the Aerodyne Jazz bass would be fine. The Rockbass Corvette isn't too far off from a standard Jazz bass in materials anyway.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The ideal bass you described IS the Jazz bass.

4. XR3MYX

XR3MYX

Jul 15, 2004
    Yea, I know the bass I described is a jazz, but would the rockbass work? I like the body style awhole lot more.