Need New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eVersi0n, Jan 1, 2003.

1. eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Well I want a bass, and this is what i'm looking for in it:

made out of real woods, not that luthite stuff, 2 active pickups (neck and bridge), Active eq. I play mostly metal(of all types) but mostly dry kill logic, slipknot, mudvayne, hatebreed type music, but i perfer writing my own stuff, other then playing others.
  2. eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Sounds like Ibanez time to me, although I think they commonly have passive pups plus a preamp. What price range are you looking at?
  4. eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Well i'v been looking at the K5 , But alot fo the people have been sayin negitive comments about it on here, but in almost every post it the whole "fiedly" thing, So i'm still going to try it. My price range doesn't really matter to much 1000usd or so.
  5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    You might also try a Spector. Very popular for metal. Of course a P Bass is used for all types of music as well and may just suite your needs. Go play a few different ones and then decide which one talks to you.

6. eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    no fenders, everyone has a least favorite company for whatever reasons. I'll check out some spector's
  7. try some esp/esp ltd basses. pretty nice; usually got active electronics. good for metal, i suppose. Tom araya uses esp ltd!
  8. Have you ever tried a Fender Active Jazz? It would suit you perfectly by what you described.

Then again, there's always the Sting Ray and Warwicks, which I see a lot of them nu-metal bassists playing.