Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need new bridge for vintage precision bass.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ampegsvtca, Mar 2, 2004.

1. I have a Fender Custom Shop Vintage Precision and I want to upgrade to a bridge with individual saddles for each string. The bass is a string through body with 51 precision type two saddle bridge that has three screws holding it to the body and I would like to find a screw on replacement and not have to drill any new holes. The old bridge works fine but doesn't make for perfect intonation. The strings don't necessarily have to ge through the body but it is preferable if they do.

2. Did you check to see if a standard precision bridge/Badass will fit the existing screw holes?

I've had the idea of getting one of those basses, but throwing the bridge from my Jazz on there.

3. I think that most of the standard precision bridges that I have seen have more holes. But I guess if I can get the three holes to line up with another bridge I would be willing to drill more holes. I have been leaning towards a Badass II now that I see that there is one for string through body basses. Or really bite the bullet and put in a 2-Tek if I can find one (then the screw holes won't matter because a big hole would have to be routed in the body).

4. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    an original bad ass bridge has only 3 screw holes,they are still avalible and you need to look for the regular bad-ass bridge NOT the bad-ass II ,yes they are different.
    Or you can only use 3 of the 5 screw holes if you choose not to alter the bass,and it will be fine and dandy.
    good luck