Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need new strings for Fender Fretless

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by brooklyn, Jan 11, 2006.

1. brooklyn

brooklyn

Aug 10, 2005
    I've been using Pyramid flats for my Fender Fretless Jazz with Seymour Duncan Vintage Pickups. It is a very mellow sound that's a little on the plain but beautiful side (a little too muddy for me these days).

Anyhoo, I tend to play less like a fretless player simply because I am used to playing classical stringed instruments and do not tend to play with the idiosyncratic quirks that the average fretless bass player exhibits.

This being said, can I get some advice as to a good set of strings that would give me some nice power but still stay away from sounding too harsh BUT not like a fretless string.

Thanks

2. Personally I like a round on my fretless and found that the Pedulla nickel and TI Jazz Rounds work very well with lots of mwah.

After trying Pyramids I have to say I am not impressed with them at all especially considering the hype and expense, but that's just me.