1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need new strings urgently!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by homers, Dec 8, 2006.

1. homers

homers

Oct 27, 2006
    Hi
    I bought DR Low Rider 40-100 guage only about 4 weeks ago, already the G string has snapped. I need new strings to buy tommorow in Glasgow so they have to be avalible in shops there.

I play slap bass and songs like Teen Town by Jaco Pastorius and various others including movie soundtracks, Willie Nelson etc. I also like tapping.

What are the best types of strings I could buy for my 4-string bass?

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    DR Strings are a very good quality string. If you broke the G string, it sounds like you are just to agressive in playing slap, and need to work on your technique some more. I haven't broken a DR string in 10 years. There is no reason to yank a string 3 inches off the board when plucking.

3. homers

homers

Oct 27, 2006
    Hi
    So should I get the Low Riders again in Glasgow, are these the best?

Could heat of done anything to the string, i was not playing agressivly on the string and it was beside a heater, the string kind of pulled apart rather than snapped?

Anyway Low Riders again???

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Feel free to try what ever string you want! I am a fan of DR Hi-Beams though. Maybe try those out this time.

5. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    id say get the lo riders and dont put your bass near a heater again.

on a side note i think you will find that your strings will last longer if you leave your bass in its case/gigbag when not playing it.

Dave

6. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    +1