Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need nut width on a CORT CURBOW/or any Pushic 6 string owners inside...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedV, May 11, 2002.

1. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Does anyone have this information(Luis:)) or know where I can get it? Cort's website is a bit lacking.

I'm having a Pushic built and am a little concerned about the nut width. I have fairly large hands and slap a lot...need to be able to get around.

From Dave's site, his standard width is 2.03''. I really liked the width on the Cort and don't want anything much smaller. Thanks guys.

Alex

2. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Come on, anyone???

3. If you're worried about having enough space to slap, you're asking about the wrong end of the bass--you need to be thinking about the string spacing at the bridge!

Mike

4. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    mike,

I'm having a Hipshot A bridge put in with 17.5mm spacing so I'm not too worried about having space there:)

I just have rather large hands and want to feel comfortable up at the top end of the neck.

Alex

5. Well, I'd go with 20mm at the bridge, and 2-3/16" at the nut, but that's just me. (It also happens to be the standard dimensions on the Curbow USA Petite [not Cort] 6 that I'm ordering :) )
    The Curbow Petite basses have some of the widest necks that I know of, though, and they're certainly larger than the Cort version. Anything from 2" to 2-1/8" (2.125") ought to be fine.

Mike

6. PS: Something that you might want to think about beyond just the neck width is the fretboard radius. On a wider neck like a 6, having the fretboard more or less flat can make a big difference in how the neck feels. On really wide necks, I prefer a very flat feel, with a radius of somewhere between 16"-20". It just makes it easier to get to all the strings, like on a classical guitar.

Mike

7. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    I guess it oughta be wide enough then. 2 1/32 at the nut and 17.5mm spacing at the bridge. The neck will hopefully end up fairly flat. That was another thing I liked about the Cort.

Oh well, I guess we'll see:) Thanks though, and good luck with your Curbow.

Alex