Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need opinions on audio equipment

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spalka621, Aug 20, 2005.

1. spalka621

spalka621

Jul 26, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I need to know how bad PLYE equipment is. I mean its REALLY cheap, and i really need a power amplifier. Thanks for any help.

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Well, here's a suggestion: Adcom amps and preamps, combined with Klipsch speakers - that combination is beyond anything I've ever heard in the Pyle domain. You can get stuff like that used on eBay, for a mere pittance, compared to new Pyle gear....

Let's see - I assume you're talking about a home situation, and not a car or something?

3. I haven't used PLYE equipment, but I will say that what I've noticed in general is that you get what you pay for. Not to say that there isn't some nice equipment out there that is suprisingly inexpensive, but you just have to be careful.

Be sure to read as many online reviews as possible.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm afraid we're going to have to "plye" you with requests for more information.

He's probably talking about car. I think that's what Pyle makes.

brad cook

5. spalka621

spalka621

Jul 26, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No im talkin about for my bass amp. They make power amps for that kinda stuff too.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh. See that's why were confused. Bass amp questions go in the "Amps" forum. Or so I hear.

brad cook

7. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    From what I've been told, Pyle amps are a Pyle of ****. I don't have experience with them but I've had friends who did. Don't take my word for it but I've been told they exaggerate/lie on the statistics, the products are faulty, etc. You'd probably be better off buying 'legit' gear.