1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need opinions on Genz Benz, Aguilar, Epifani Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by otto B, Apr 12, 2009.

1. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I currently have a Genz Benz neo1-12" cab the sound is great but I would like to add another cab to have more of a deep bass sound. I had found these 5 cabs that they look good. I heard good comments about each of the company's. I have not had a chance to play them that is why I would like to hear from you witch one you recommend and why.

Epifani Performance Series PS 115 1x15

Aguilar GS212 (8 Ohms)

Genz Benz Neo 2-12" Bass Cabinet

Bass Cabinet Aguilar GS 115

Warwick 115 pro

2. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    add another 112 NeoX to your existing. It will be even deeper and fuller thsan the 212 NeoX. If you want the ultimate 212, try the Genz Uber 212!!

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

It's almost always best to add a second identical cab. Assuming you like the tone of your Genz112, adding a second identical cab will give you a lot more volume, and more low end.

Adding a different cab with different voicing, SPL, etc. can work OK sometimes, but it's a crapshoot.

4. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    Does it mattle if I add another cab from another brand? or it would be better if they are the same?

5. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

By 'identical' I mean the literally identical cabinet... same brand, same model. All these 112 cabs sound quite different, and again, if you like the sound of one GenzNeoX112, you will LOVE the sound of two. There really isn't much advantage at all to add a 'different' cab, and there is a risk that the different voicings/SPL etc. of the cabs won't match up very well, resulting in frequency holes, etc., etc.

And... two of the same cab stacked looks a lot better also:D

IMO.

6. Lunchbox4u_6

Lunchbox4u_6

Dec 1, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    +1...Matching cabs FTW!

7. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Genz NEOX-112 all the way - in addition to an extra 12, you keep it modular.

8. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Plus 200

9. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I have heard that combination and it is great..+1

10. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I wanted an extra cab that will add a little more of a deep bass tone. I don't know if I add another of the same cab I will get that tone. I know it will get louder but how about the bass sound.

11. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

You will notice quite a bit more low end extension. Trust us, get a second identical cab:smug: