1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need parts for 90's Schaller five-string bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Steven Ayres, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Steven Ayres

Steven Ayres Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Northern Arizona
    I have a '90 Guild Pilot Pro V with the stock gold-plated Schaller bridge, and it's missing all its string rollers, the riser and a couple of springs. Is there a parts source for this stuff? Failing that, is a clean bridge available somewhere? Thanks

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  3. Steven Ayres

Mar 11, 2007
    Northern Arizona
    Yeah, I saw that, and decided to spend less and just get a complete new bridge. Thanks!

dramatwist likes this.
  4. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Yeah, for one saddle that's a good source. For five, I agree a new bridge is called for; and NOT another one of those.

dramatwist likes this.
  5. Steven Ayres

Mar 11, 2007
    Northern Arizona
    What's not to like about that bridge in particular?

6. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    How many of the saddles do you have for it? They are easily lost during string changes. The real killer is if the saddle screws were screwed in through the side instead of just setting in the carrier, you would still have the saddles and that would be a very good bridge; AND we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

If you decide to get another roller bridge, I suggest you also get a JB Weld steelstik and epoxy those saddle screws in place.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  7. Steven Ayres

Mar 11, 2007
    Northern Arizona
    What happened with this bridge is that the previous owner needed a truss-rod adjustment badly, didn't realize it, and to lower the action chose to remove the saddles and shim from the bridge. The instrument was a mess. But no, things don't fall off when I change the strings.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021