Need Peavy advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pantsman, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Hi,

i am researching the Peavy Combo 300, but i am not finding much, does anyone have nay useful links or info themselves?
  2. TBH, i think you'd be better looking for a firebass or nitrobass head on ebay with a 1x15 or 4x10 cab

Firebass with the 410 cab is a nice setup :)

Other than that, check ebat for the combo? maybe it has a new name now, i know they recently renamed all the heads and smaller combos
  3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Maybe you should spell it the right way: Peavey. Then you'll get some more results.
  4. Pantsman,

I own a Peavey Combo 300 and a Peavey Nitrobass. Both are fantastic, very durable amplifiers that can drive a 2-ohm load at 300 watts. The combo 300 has a very nice 9 band EQ and can drive an extension cabinet as well, so I usually run it with a 2x10 as well and get a very nice (and LOUD if I need it) sound.

The Nitrobass will run 450 watts into a 2-ohm load. It is a very nicely designed amplifier head - although I don't put much stock into reviews, take a look at and click on the amps section, then Peavey, then Nitrobass. It's a very impressive set of statements on the durability and tone of this amp.

I'll p.m. you as well so you can ask as many questions as you'd like offline.

Take care,
  5. If you have any Q's on the firebass feel free to ask, its essentially the same, just bigger and more powerful than the nitro, but it also has a crossover

The graphic EQ is the only thing that the combo has that should be on the nitro and firebass heads, but isnt