1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Pickup Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Fajah, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Fajah

Fajah

Apr 30, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    I've been thinking about a pickup replacement. Here's a pic of the current config for reference;

IMG_0007.

Generally, I like a deep mellow tone. The HB that's in the bridge position is too growly and middy for my tastes and brings in too much of that tonal quality when I blend it in. So as of late, I've been using the jazz neck pickup only with the treble rolled completely off. It's very close to what I want, however it comes with two issues;

1) The output is on the low side.

2) If I want to bring in some a bit of treble to increase the articulation, I get the usual single coil hum.

A split coil jazz for noise cancelling comes to mind, and maybe maybe with a bit more output. Keep in mind that I have active electronics. The pickup dimensions are 3 3/4" X 3/4". There are so many choices and I'm having a tough time deciding in addition to the fact that I don't know would work properly with my preamp.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.