1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Polytone schematic:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lnallie, May 3, 2006.

1. lnallie

lnallie

May 3, 2006
    I need a schematic for a Polytone bass amp, only info I can give is it just has "Brute" written on it. I bought the preamp and the power amp (no cabinet). The date stamped on the power amp is June 1982 and there is a number written on the power amp #460. There is one chip on the power amp and it has been crushed so I am not able to read the number. If anyone has a schematic I can get access to or if you know the number of that chip (there's only one) on the power amp, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

lnallie

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    The chip on my dead Mini-Brute is LM391N-80. There was also a LM391N-100, which tolerated a higher power supply voltage. My guess is you want to use the -100 part if it is available. What is this chip? It is basically all the active guts of a power amp except the output transistors.

3. lnallie

lnallie

May 3, 2006
    Thanks for the info. I have a friend that may can locate that chip for me. I'll giver 'er a try. Thanks again.

lnallie