1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need positive ID on this bass (Hondo content?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave120, Oct 15, 2010.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Hi everybody,

I picked this one up in the classifieds and I'm going to try and freshen this up a bit (yes it needs a LOT, but that's the fun).

I'm trying to figure out exactly what kind of bass this is. In the sale thread it was said that this is a Hondo but I can't find one exactly like it. From the bridge, cream pickup covers, thru body ferrules, and headstock shape it looks like many Hondo basses I've seen, but does anyone know what kind?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The interesting bit is the tiny piece of headstock decal that I found under the green nastiness. Does anybody have a closeup picture of something that resembles this? I will either be trying to acquire (quite difficult for something like this) or make a new waterslide decal but I need to know what it originally looked like. I searched for pictures on here and google but I can't find close enough pictures of the headstocks to see it.

Here's a blurry pic but as you can see, there isn't much there. You can see the original color this thing was though.

[​IMG]

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Some guy said it was a Harmony it in the thread selling that bass. That headstock definitely looks like a Harmony.

Harmony03a.jpg

The bridge looks like the one Hondo used (and Epiphone), but I'm sure several companies used that bridge, and I'm sure Harmony was one of them.

3. dmclane

dmclane

Jul 13, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Could aslo be an Arbor. They used that headstock and bridge for a while.

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    That Harmony headstock definitely looks like the same thing, though the scripting doesn't seem like it matches up anywhere. Then again I really have no idea what it might say. I guess it could be one of several brands since several companies used the same headstock and bridge over the years.

5. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

That's a very strange looking bridge.

6. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Yes it is...but at least its in good shape so I can re-use it.

7. you ever finish this?