Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need quick help on a MIM Jazz 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Can anyone tell me what these go for brand new with a tobacco burst?? I've got a used one that I'm trying to sell and was just curious what they went for brand new. I dont even remember what I paid for mine.

If you even have a link to someone that sells them (Ex musicians friend), I'd appreciate it.. I looked on MF but there are soo many differen jazz 5s, I couldnt tell. Maybe I'm blind, but I didnt even see where they distinguish the americans from the MIM.

Edit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/511596/ unless that is it?? Is tobacco burst and brown burst the same thing??

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    You said yours was a MIM, as in a Standard?

The bass you linked was an Active bass with Fender Noiseless p/ups, totally different animal than the Standard Jazz.

Standard MIM basses go for about $200-$300, the Jazz has a "street" of $480 (recent price hike by Fender in nearly the entire line, used to be $420).

I don't believe Tobaccoburst and Brownburst are the same thing, as they are two different names. If you aren't sure, Fender's website has a color chart.

3. MIM Jazz 5 Deluxe with Active.. Sorry, I just now noticed I didnt state that anywhere.