1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need quick help on a MIM Jazz 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Can anyone tell me what these go for brand new with a tobacco burst?? I've got a used one that I'm trying to sell and was just curious what they went for brand new. I dont even remember what I paid for mine.

If you even have a link to someone that sells them (Ex musicians friend), I'd appreciate it.. I looked on MF but there are soo many differen jazz 5s, I couldnt tell. Maybe I'm blind, but I didnt even see where they distinguish the americans from the MIM.

Edit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/511596/ unless that is it?? Is tobacco burst and brown burst the same thing??

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    You said yours was a MIM, as in a Standard?

The bass you linked was an Active bass with Fender Noiseless p/ups, totally different animal than the Standard Jazz.

Standard MIM basses go for about $200-$300, the Jazz has a "street" of $480 (recent price hike by Fender in nearly the entire line, used to be $420).

I don't believe Tobaccoburst and Brownburst are the same thing, as they are two different names. If you aren't sure, Fender's website has a color chart.

3. MIM Jazz 5 Deluxe with Active.. Sorry, I just now noticed I didnt state that anywhere.