1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need reco on good bass EQ box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zapp, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    Gang
    I'm interested in what you have found to be your favorite EQ either in stomp box form or rackable. I have an old general-purpose Boss/Roland EQ that works ok, just well enough to tell me what a world of diff I can make to my tones by adjusting parameters and storing them for certain purposes.
    really, its like having multiple basses and cabs.
    So, I'm wanting an "upgrade"

what's yours? pro/con?
    z

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Have you looked into the SansAmp Bass Driver DI box?

3. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    yes and know. recorded with, but have not bought. isn't it kind of overly-smooth, that is lacking in quick-punch? I know it was awesome clean.......

4. I have several EQs that I use on bass each with it's own sound and purpose. For simple stuff I really like the Yamaha NE-1 Parametric EQ, it's only 1 band but sometimes that's enough. I also have an old MXR 6 band EQ for more extreme tone shaping. Boss GEB-7 gets some use from time to time at gigs for drastic tone changes since it's bypassable. For recording bass my favorite rack EQ is the Sholtz R&D Rockman Instrument EQ, it's a 12 band graphic EQ with a lot of emphasis in the mid range. I also use the 9 band graphic EQ in a Peavey ProBass1000 from time to time.

5. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    i didn't know of the MXR... will have to look that one up. the boss's are, of course, ubiquitous.

humble as the amp was, the graphic eq on my old Hartke head was pretty useful if you had a responsive cab/s to use. if that thing had not been so noisy I would have kept it