Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need replacement 12"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Selta, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, I have a peavey 4x12 cab, but one of the speakers is starting to go bad, and before it decides to explode on stage with me, I want to replace it. I want to get one as cheap as humanly possible, but I'd like it as new as possible too (but am willing to go used). Anyone know of a place where I can look for one? I think this one will last me for awhile, cos it only has this, horrible (no other way to explain it) sound when I have the amp cranked (Acoustic B320), but still, I don't want problems with it. Thanks!

2. Madison's Warriors and Knight series speakers are good, if you can get a freq. range you like

3. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    look through partsexpress.com and avatarspeakers.com

4. You might consider re-coning the speaker you have. It would be cheaper than a replacement, and usually turn out like new. If it is a PV Blackwidow you probably can get a basket kit from peavey for a reasonable price.

Good luck, John

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    That's the prob, I dunno how to re-cone for 1, and 2 it's not a BW. Do I take it to a local shop for re-coning?

6. Check with your local Peavey dealer about a basket kit for it. If none are available ask your local music dealer, or check the yellow pages. There should be someone within a reasonalble distance from you that can re-condition your speaker.

Good luck, John

7. If all else fails, try www.recone.com they can recomend a repair shop in your area.

Good luck again, John

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I can't even click on PA :(

9. Pa wouldn't work for me either, try searching by zip code. That might do the trick.

Good luck, John