Need replacement 12"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Selta, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, I have a peavey 4x12 cab, but one of the speakers is starting to go bad, and before it decides to explode on stage with me, I want to replace it. I want to get one as cheap as humanly possible, but I'd like it as new as possible too (but am willing to go used). Anyone know of a place where I can look for one? I think this one will last me for awhile, cos it only has this, horrible (no other way to explain it) sound when I have the amp cranked (Acoustic B320), but still, I don't want problems with it. Thanks!

2. Madison's Warriors and Knight series speakers are good, if you can get a freq. range you like

3. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    look through partsexpress.com and avatarspeakers.com

4. You might consider re-coning the speaker you have. It would be cheaper than a replacement, and usually turn out like new. If it is a PV Blackwidow you probably can get a basket kit from peavey for a reasonable price.

Good luck, John

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    That's the prob, I dunno how to re-cone for 1, and 2 it's not a BW. Do I take it to a local shop for re-coning?

6. Check with your local Peavey dealer about a basket kit for it. If none are available ask your local music dealer, or check the yellow pages. There should be someone within a reasonalble distance from you that can re-condition your speaker.

Good luck, John

7. If all else fails, try www.recone.com they can recomend a repair shop in your area.

Good luck again, John

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I can't even click on PA :(

9. Pa wouldn't work for me either, try searching by zip code. That might do the trick.

Good luck, John