Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need replacement 8" speaker for SWR - where?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have a blown 8" speaker in my SWR Henry 8x8. Is there a place online through which I can order a replacement?

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho

3. These guys are online and have great service!

REPLACEMENT SPEAKERS

:ninja: Treena

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Treena - good call. They responded IMMEDIATELY to my e-mail. looks like I'll be using them.

Many thanks!!

5. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    The only speaker that is likely to look, and sound like the original, is an original replacement from SWR. Anything else will probably detract from the cabinet resale.

There are plenty of speakers that bolt into an 8" hole, but that doesn't mean they are designed to perform well in your specific cabinet.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    This is similar to my question that I posted two weeks ago. I also posted it on SWR's message board and haven't received a reply. last night I emailed them. I'll let you know how it turns out. I need two 10" speakers for one of my Goliath II Jr's. They were replaced in one of my cabs before I got it so I actually don't have the original speakers at all. It has 2 emminence delta 10's in it and the difference between it and my cab with the original speakers is very noticable. I'm wondering if in your case since you have the speaker if you couldn't just get it repaired.:meh: In my case if I can't buy a new or used PAS10 replacement speaker I might need to have someone reccomend a speaker with similar qualities to use in my cab.

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    whats wrong with the speaker? it would be better to have it reconed rathe rto put a speaker in it that isn't made for the cab..

steve

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    btw I got a part number for the speakers in less than 24 hours from Fender

9. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    try Speaker Reconing.com . Portland, OR based. Great folks. I had them do a D-140 not long ago and it's worked out well. Their phone number is on their site. I worked with a guy named Mike.

I called a couple of weeks ago and they quoted $60 for a recone on an SWR 10 using an OEM kit.

Best reconing experience I've ever had.