1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need "small ball" Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Mar 14, 2008.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I just picked up a "65 Silvertone bass and it has a very simple bridge that needs very small ball ends to work on it. Normal size ball ends will not work. Can anyone recomend me some inexpensive strings w/ real small ends? Thanks

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Wow! After 19 views, nobody has ever seen strings w/ small ball ends? I just need a make and model of string.

3. I've never seen bass strings with "small ball" ends or a bass with a bridge that would require them. Must be a sixties thing. You might have to swap an inexpensive bridge on there. Some of the old Silvertone six strings have an awesome, raw, bluesy tone - your bass might be a real diamond in the rough. (I can't believe I made it through this post without cracking a "small ball" joke!!!!!!!!!)

4. henq

henq

Jan 19, 2008
    is it a fullscale or a shortscale bass?

couse if its shortscale you could use 4 of the strings from a fender bass VI set...

d'addario makes them too, and i think a number of other brands...

5. If it's a shortscale you could check into Pryamid or LaBella strings for the Hofner bass. I believe they both have small balls to fit the Hofner bridge.

6. Tronographic

Tronographic Commercial User

Nov 2, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Owner, Tronographic
    some of the strings for the Fender bass VI have small balls...