1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need some advice on part identification and setup on Spectorcore 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheWanderer78, Aug 9, 2016.

1. TheWanderer78

TheWanderer78

Jan 22, 2014
    So I've had my fretted Spectorcore 4 for a few years, and I absolutely love how versatile and lightweight it is. I've been a bass player for about 10 years, but haven't really learned anything about how the components of the instrument work until relatively recently.

I was curious if anyone knew which model Fishman Powerbridge comes on the Spectorcore 4? Every page I've found from Spector itself to third party dealers only says "Fishman Powerbridge piezo system." Fishman's website however lists several models of Powerbridge, and I can't seem to tell which one is used on the Spectorcore 4.

I was also wondering if anyone's used roundwound strings on a Spectorecore (or any kind of semi-hollow body bass)? It has a natural growly tone to it, and I'm curious if roundwounds would detract from the low end too much and make its sound too scratchy? I know this can be adjusted using the EQ, but I'm still curious if it's better to just stick with flatwounds with this kind of bass.

Thanks!