Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some advice on poweramps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Larry Kaye, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    initially looking for a poweramp....preferrably one rack space with at least 500 watts per side at 4 ohms. I've only seen Peavey so far with a one space of this wattage. Anyone either know of or use others? Would also consider a two spacer but it's gotta be liteweight....preferrable under 18-20 pounds.

Thanks.

Lkaye

2. Larry, I did one of these searches a couple years ago and for a 1 space power amp the Peavey DPC1400 was the best I could find. I know they have changed their power amp line since, but haven't checked into the new models, or maybe just new model names.

3. Take a look at Stewart audio, World Series.
    http://www.stewartaudio.com/worldSeries.html

I have a World 2.1, it does 650W @ 4 Ohms
    all in a 17lbs 2 rack space package. Great amp, I highly recomend.

They also make a World 1.6 which does 550W @ 4 ohms

They also make a couple that are 1 rack space. The World 1.2 & 600
    The 1.2 will do 350W @ 4 ohms. I have heard other players have problems with a heat issue with their one space amps though. I believe they only have passive cooling (no fan)

4. CetiAlphaVI

CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    Midwest
    Also, if you don't mind 2 sp amps, you might want to look at the QSC PLX series. Specs say weight is 21 lbs.

5. Crown K1 is a nice light amp. 1500w bridged @4 ohms, 1000w bridged @ 8 ohms, so it'd be 500w per side @ 4ohms.

Randy