1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Some Advice On Strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Laethyn, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Okay, so I play in a metal band that plays in Drop C(C-G-C-F-A-D), and my current 5-String is tuned C-G-C-F-A. I'm looking into getting a short scale bass(Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Short-Scale Bass Guitar) due to my 5-String being too painful to play my first few frets the way I need to/will be going to be play them. Now, I was told for a short scale to get thicker gauge strings(55's being the most recommended), but I'm not 100% sure what brand to go with. On my 5-String, I have Ernie Ball Power Slinkys(Ernie Ball 2831 Slinky Round Wound Power Bass Strings), and was thinking about going with those for the short scale. However, I have no idea what to do. Any advice and guidance is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
    bskts247 likes this.
  2. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    You've posted this on the Double bass side of Talkbass. Try the electric bass side.

3. matt holt

matt holt Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Cincinnati OH
    It looks as though you have posted this in the upright (double) bass forums. You will probably get a better response if you move it over to The Bass Guitar side:)

4. matt holt

matt holt Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Cincinnati OH
    oh, you beat me to it!

bskts247 likes this.
  5. Haha. Oh crap. My bad fellas. Nice looking' out!