Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need some advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coconut monkey, Jan 26, 2001.

1. I'm looking for a mid-range 4-string. I play mostly punk rock and occasionally i dabble in metal.
    any advice? thanx

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    The very best advice I can give you is to go down to the music store and play as many basses in your price range as you can put your hands on. Really. :D

3. well i would definitly say go to a few good music stores and try out everything. but for punk i would definitly stick with something from fender or similar to that. but then again why conform?

4. I am not a fan of Fender, However for punk, I think they are one of the best routes to go.......

Good call nickisthebest.........

5. Mid-range... tonewise? price wise? and what is mid-range to you? cause $2,000 could kinda be mid-range if $100 is cheep, and then theres some that go from $7,000, so its like whats mid-range for you? For punk and metal, there is the MM Stingray, or Stearling, those are both $1,000. Then there is the Fender American "series" which go for about $800. Then there is the American Deluxe P which is about $1,100. Then you also got the Mexican made fenders... the list just goes on and on. My preferance for punk is stay away from Jazz basses. Yes, i use Jazz basses for punk, but thats cause i dont have the money to buy a P, and love the feel of a J.