1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need some advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coconut monkey, Jan 26, 2001.

1. I'm looking for a mid-range 4-string. I play mostly punk rock and occasionally i dabble in metal.
    any advice? thanx

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    The very best advice I can give you is to go down to the music store and play as many basses in your price range as you can put your hands on. Really. :D

3. well i would definitly say go to a few good music stores and try out everything. but for punk i would definitly stick with something from fender or similar to that. but then again why conform?

4. I am not a fan of Fender, However for punk, I think they are one of the best routes to go.......

Good call nickisthebest.........

5. Mid-range... tonewise? price wise? and what is mid-range to you? cause $2,000 could kinda be mid-range if $100 is cheep, and then theres some that go from $7,000, so its like whats mid-range for you? For punk and metal, there is the MM Stingray, or Stearling, those are both $1,000. Then there is the Fender American "series" which go for about $800. Then there is the American Deluxe P which is about $1,100. Then you also got the Mexican made fenders... the list just goes on and on. My preferance for punk is stay away from Jazz basses. Yes, i use Jazz basses for punk, but thats cause i dont have the money to buy a P, and love the feel of a J.